Wheelchair Rugby (Murderball) — The Game
Timing: 2 x 45 minute blocks
CROSS-CURRICULAR: Sciences, Physical Education
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Sample Grade 5
OVERVIEW: This lesson focuses on how the game of wheelchair rugby is played.
CURRICULUM SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / VALUES:
- learn how the game of wheelchair rugby is played
- expand their knowledge about wheelchair rugby
- computer and internet access
website to view supporting web links and video:
Wheelchair Rugby Canada Cup
- Wheelchair Rugby: The Basic Rules
- Wheelchair Rugby Trivia Game Questions and Answer Key
- Wheelchair Rugby Trivia Game Cards (50) (photocopy one set) and Blank Templates
- View the wheelchair rugby games video clips and facilitate discussion around what students learned and what they found most interesting.
- With the class, explain and discuss the Game of Wheelchair Rugby and Basic Rules.
- Play Wheelchair Rugby Trivia. There are a number of ways to play:
- have the students cut the questions from the answers and do a matching activity in partners or teams, or match the questions with answers that are posted around the classroom.
- or play a team or group trivia live game show using any of the provided Trivia Questions and Answers.
- or have students create more questions and answers to add to the trivia card set by filling in the blank templates.